Sweet and Spicy Squash Pudding
This smooth, creamy squash pudding is divine! Warm, comforting, and just the right shade of autumn to get you feeling snug and cozy! Infused with warming spices that will stoke your digestive fire, it gets a little nutty kick from hemp hearts, and is deliciously simple to prepare. Perfect for dessert as a pudding or even breakfast—top with a little granola or dried fruit!
The scoop on SQUASH!
Squash is a super vegetable! It’s loaded with immune-boosting beta- and alpha-carotene which may help lower the risk of some cancers and is linked to lower death rates from diseases like type 2 diabetes, respiratory disease, and upper digestive tract cancers. It’s a great source of vitamins A, B6, and C, folate, magnesium, fibre, riboflavin, phosphorus, and potassium—a cornucopia of nutrients. Carotenoids and the vitamin A in squash support eye-health, so your little peeper’s peepers can enjoy that gorgeous yellow colour!
- 1 small squash
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c hemp hearts
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut squash in half, scoop out and discard the seeds. Brush the inside with oil, flip over and pierce skin with a fork a few times.
- Roast, cut-side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 35 minutes or until soft (give the skin a poke with a fork—it should pass through easily when ready).
- Let cool, scoop flesh out, and pop in food processor or high-powered blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly.