Dandelion Greens Recipe
Adapted from Banyan Botanicals
Dandelion greens are readily available in grocery stores and farmers' markets or may be harvested where they grow—pretty much anywhere. The ideal time to pick the tender greens is in the early spring, before the plant flowers. Just be sure to pick the greens from places that are sure to be free from contaminants, and always wash your greens well before cooking.
• 2 large handfuls chopped kale
• 1 small handful chopped dandelion greens
• 1 Tbsp sesame oil
• ¼ tsp Celtic sea or Himalayan salt
• 2 pinches cumin seeds
• 2 pinches organic turmeric powder
• 2 pinches chopped fresh ginger
1. Heat the sesame oil in a small saucepan.
2. Add the salt and spices, using your hands to measure so that you can infuse love and life into your meal. Let the spices simmer until their aroma fills the air.
3. Stir in all of the kale and dandelion greens, then add a small amount of filtered water to just cover the bottom of the pan. Cover and simmer for 5–7 minutes until the colour changes and the greens become soft.
4. Enjoy with whole grains, sweet root vegetables, and either mung or adzuki.
Total preparation time: 15 minutes