Potato Leek Soup
This soup is the perfect way to ward off those chilly days while featuring bright, springtime leeks. Full of flavour, yet dairy-free, you can easily swap out the chicken stock and bone broth for a veggie stock if you’d prefer a vegan version!
Potato Leek Soup Recipe
Serve with Herbed Grain-Free Cheesy Scones for a totally satisfying meal!
- 4 c chicken stock
- 2 c bone broth
- 1 400 ml can full fat coconut milk
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium-sized leeks, roughly chopped
- 5–6 medium russet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1–2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large Dutch oven, sauté garlic and yellow onions with coconut oil, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and leeks, along with a dash of cayenne pepper, and stir frequently for a few minutes, until leeks begin to soften.
- Pour in bone broth and stock, and simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Turn off heat. Add coconut milk and blend with an immersion blender, until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve. Freezes well for up to one month.