Kombucha Cool Down
While kombucha has been around for thousands of years, it has only fairly recently become a widespread phenomenon. Made by fermenting tea with yeast and sugar, the end result is an effervescent, tangy beverage that has the added benefit of being beneficial for gut health, thanks to the probiotic properties kombucha acquires during the fermentation process. When choosing a kombucha, look for one lower in sugar and made with green tea, as it is high in antioxidants, which helps stabilize free radicals in our bodies.
Perfect for cooling off on a hot summer’s day, kombucha can be enjoyed on its own or used as a mixer in any number of cocktails or mocktails. Keep a few bottles of kombucha on hand for an impromptu summer bevvie that’ll make you feel pretty darn fancy.
Frozen Pineapple Coconut Ginger Mocktail
Pineapple and peach are such great fruits—they support digestion, boost immunity and are loaded with nutrients! Combining them with the sweet flavour of coconut milk and the bubbly tartness of kombucha will give you all the island feels!
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup frozen peaches
- 1 cup ginger kombucha beverage
For a lighter beverage swap out the coconut milk for coconut water!
- In a high-powered blender, combine pineapple, peaches, and coconut milk, and blend until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add a bit more coconut milk.
- Add kombucha and gently mix until just combined. Pour and enjoy.
Lemon-Cucumber Ginger Delight
Cucumbers and lemons are a match made in heaven, especially on a hot summer day. A little honey helps to balance the lemon, but can easily be swapped with maple syrup. Adding kombucha makes it a bubbly delight!
- 1 medium-sized English cucumber
- 2 lemons
- 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4-5 pieces of ice
- ½ bottle ginger kombucha beverage
- Remove skin and seeds from cucumber. Add flesh to a high-powered blender.
- Juice lemons and orange and add to blender, along with honey and ice.
- Blend until smooth. Add kombucha and gently mix until just combined. Pour and enjoy!