Hibiscus Pink Lemonade
This tart and tangy lemonade is a healthier version, naturally pigmented by these vitamin C-rich flowers. In Mexico, a delicious drink using hibiscus is called Agua de Jamaica (pronounced Ha-mike-ah).
- 1 cup water, boiled
- 2 tbsp hibiscus flowers*
- ¾ cup agave or honey (or 1¼ cups sugar)
- 6 lemons, juiced (to make 1½ cups)
- 6 cups water, cold
- Plenty of ice
- 2 lemons, sliced into thin rounds
*If you can’t find hibiscus, try using 3 Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea bags instead.
- Pour boiled water over hibiscus and add sweetener to dissolve.
- Once sufficiently infused, strain out hibiscus.
- Squeeze lemons to make juice, straining out pulp and seeds.
- In a large glass pitcher, combine the hibiscus syrup, lemon juice and cold water and stir.
- Add more sweetener as needed.
- Add lemon slices and ice cubes. Serve cold and enjoy!