Light and flakey pan-fried fish topped with lemony garlic almonds is the perfect quick and easy summer dinner when served alongside a fresh green salad.
- 2 – 4 pieces of wild-caught halibut
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp avocado or grapeseed oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- Using paper towels, blot fillets dry and season generously on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Meanwhile, in a hot pan, toast almond slivers until slightly browned. Set aside nuts, and return pan to stove over medium low heat.
- Drizzle in oil of choice and add in chopped garlic. Place fillets in a single layer in the pan and cook (without moving them around too much) for 4 minutes. Carefully flip over and continue cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- While fish is cooking, mix the toasted almonds, reserved chopped garlic, and lemon zest.