Grilled Cheese Polenta Triangles
3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
½ cup cornmeal (polenta)
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp sea salt and dash black pepper to taste
½ cup (about 50 grams) grated cheese (asiago works well or sharp old cheddar)
- Put stock in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the salt and black pepper.
- Gradually pour the cornmeal into the stock, constantly stirring with a whisk.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook for about another 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
To form the triangles
- Lightly grease a 30 x 20 cm (12 x 8 inch) baking sheet with some olive oil.
- Pour the cooked polenta onto sheet and spread evenly with a spatula. Leave to cool and firm on the baking sheet (can put this in the fridge to speed it up).
- Cut the polenta into 10 cm (4 inch) squares and then across into triangles.
- Pan sear in a frying pan with a little olive oil on each side, or bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) for about 30 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Once you have the triangles prepared and cooked crispy, you can serve them up just like that or with some salsa on the side for dipping.