Easy Chocolate Chip Sprouted Lentil Cookies
No one will guess the secret ingredient that adds protein and fibre to these delicious chocolate chip sprouted lentil cookies!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup soaked and puréed lentils*
- ⅕ cup spelt flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
*You will require approximately a ¼ cup of dried lentils to make a ½ cup of soaked and puréed lentils.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla and the puréed lentils until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls or drop by the spoonful, placing them two inches apart on parchment paper over a baking tray.
- Bake for exactly 12 minutes. Cool for a few minutes then serve.
Enjoy this treat knowing you have found just one of the many reasons to love the versatile art of soaking and sprouting pulses!