Easy Breakfast Bake With Chickpea and Winter Greens
This healthy breakfast bake uses chickpea flour as a protein-packed alternative to processed flours. In addition to six grams of plant-based protein per serving, chickpea flour provides 20 percent of the recommended daily allowance for fibre and a good dose of bioavailable iron. It's especially delicious topped with a fried egg or smashed avocado.
- 1 c chickpea flour
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 c warm water
- 4 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 head of kale, chard, or collard greens, chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- Add all ingredients except the greens and garlic to a large bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Wash and chop greens and add to a hot pan with the minced garlic and 1 Tbsp of oil. Cook, stirring frequently until the garlic is fragrant and the greens are wilted.
- Gently fold greens and garlic into the chickpea mixture and pour into a lightly oiled baking dish. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes, until chickpea bake is firm.