Chocolate Chip Sprouted Lentil Cookies
No one will guess the secret ingredient that adds protein and fibre to these delicious chocolate chip sprouted lentil cookies!
½ c butter, softened
2 c brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ c soaked and puréed lentils*
⅕ c spelt flour
½ c quick oats
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 c dark chocolate chips
*You will require approximately a ¼ cup of dried lentils to make a ½ cup of soaked and pureed lentils.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla and the pureed lentils until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls or drop by the spoonful, placing them two inches apart on parchment paper over a baking tray.
- Bake for exactly 12 minutes. Cool for a few minutes then serve.
Enjoy this treat knowing you have found just one of the many reasons to love the versatile art of soaking and sprouting pulses!