Recipe originally published by Eden Foods.
- 1/2 c EDEN Popcorn
- 3 Tbsp EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c EDEN Barley Malt Syrup
- 1/2 c organic maple syrup
- 1/4 c organic peanut butter, or any nut butter
- 2 tsp EDEN Genmai Miso or any EDEN Miso
- Heat oil in a large pot and pop corn according to package directions.
- Place popped corn in a large bowl. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the barley malt, maple syrup, peanut butter and miso in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over a high flame, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low, stirring constantly for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture on an cookie sheet (do not oil) and spread out evenly. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Immediately remove the caramel corn with a spatula to prevent sticking to the sheet. Yields approximately 16 cups.
Note: For those with allergies to peanuts, substitute almond or cashew butter; or omit.
Founded in 1968, Eden Foods is the oldest principled independent organic food company in the United States. Its mission is Creation and Maintenance of Purity in Food. Eden brand is the authentic alternative to commercial food; the purest, best tasting grains, beans, and vegetables on the planet, from known trusted growers. Healthy soil, long-term organic, non-GMO.