- 8 c of broccoli, chopped
- 6 c of vegetable broth
- 6 medium kale leaves, finely chopped
- ¾ –1 cup blanched almonds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium clove of garlic, pressed
- ¾ cup of non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 rounded Tbsp Miso paste
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soak almonds in a cup of hot water while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Add oil to a large pot. Saute onions and garlic on medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in broccoli, kale, and a pinch of salt. Turn heat down to medium-low and cover for 5 minutes.
- Add in broth, miso paste, nutritional yeast, and parsley, and stir until combined. Bring to a boil then turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain almonds and rinse. Add almonds and milk to a high speed blender, and blend on low until the mixture becomes smoother (about a minute). Turn up to high speed, for a minute or two. If your mixture is too thick, add a couple tablespoons of broth until it gets going again.
- Add soup to almond mixture in blender, and blend on high until smooth. This might need to be done in batches.
- Pour soup back into a rinsed pot, add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition has been Teaching the Medicine of the Future™ since 1994. Their commitment to quality education has made them Canada’s leading holistic nutrition school, with provincially-licensed classroom locations coast-to-coast plus Online Distance Education. CSNN has added 100% virtual interactive classroom and hybrid study options to its existing in-classroom format. Self-study online format is offered with the distance education branch.
Their practical foundation Natural Nutrition Diploma Program provides the fundamental tools needed for a lasting career in holistic nutrition. Upon successful completion of the courses, case studies, and Final Board Exams, graduates earn a professional designation and title. Their training qualifies them to provide personalized holistic recommendations to clients at all ages and stages of their lives.