Recipe originally published by Eden Foods.
- 2 medium acorn squash, cut in half and remove seeds
- 1 Tbsp EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c diced onions
- 1/4 c diced celery
- 1/2 c diced fresh mushrooms
- 2 c cooked EDEN Wild Rice, see package directions
- 1/2 c EDEN Dried Cranberries, or Dried Wild Blueberries
- 1/2 c dry pan roasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 or 2 pinches EDEN Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp dried sage powder
- EDEN Safflower Oil, for oiling the squash skin
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté the onion for 2 minutes. Add celery and mushrooms and sauté another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place in a mixing bowl and add wild rice, pecans, cranberries, sage and salt. Mix.
- Lightly oil the skin of each squash half and stuff with the wild rice mixture.
- Cover squash with foil wrap and bake at 350° F. for 45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
Founded in 1968, Eden Foods is the oldest principled independent organic food company in the United States. Its mission is Creation and Maintenance of Purity in Food. Eden brand is the authentic alternative to commercial food; the purest, best tasting grains, beans, and vegetables on the planet, from known trusted growers. Healthy soil, long-term organic, non-GMO.