Herbed Grain-Free Cheesy Scones
These low-carb, gluten-free, breakfast-friendly scones are a great option when you’re craving something savoury. They get their cheesy flavour from B12-rich nutritional yeast, are high in healthy fats and low in carbohydrates to give you plenty of energy to get through busy mornings. Plus, they’re pretty darn tasty paired with some crème fraîche or cashew cream cheese and smoked salmon!
Dillicious! You can customize these scones by using your fave combo of herbs! Try basil, dill, or rosemary—or try all three!
Herbed Grain-Free Cheesy Scones Recipe
Pair this recipe with Potato Leek Soup for a comfort meal perfect for chilly fall weather!
- 2 c almond flour
- ½ c tapioca flour
- ⅓ c avocado, olive, or grapeseed oil
- ⅓ c unsweetened nut milk of choice
- ¼ c fresh herbs of choice, chopped
- ⅓ c nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp flaked sea salt
- Mix flours, baking soda, nutritional yeast, and sea salt together in a large bowl. Add the nut milk, oil, and fresh herbs and mix until well combined.
- Using a ¼ c measuring cup or scoop, arrange scones on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.