Dessert Diva: Perfectly Pumpkin Pancakes
These pancakes are a cross between savoury pumpkin pie and a cozy bowl of oatmeal but better because pancakes... and there’s chocolate! Totally customizable, you can make them plant-based by switching up the milk and oil, and they can easily be made gluten-free by opting for a gluten-free flour.
Perfectly Pumpkin Pancakes
Don’t like chocolate? Fold in some toasted pecans instead! Instant fall fulfillment, no matter your preference!
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- ½ c chocolate chips
- Butter or oil for pan
- Preheat pan or griddle to just below medium.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Let sit for 5 minutes, then fold in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.
- Grease griddle with coconut oil or butter. Using a ¼ cup measure, spoon batter onto griddle, flattening pancake out to 1.5 cm thickness.
- Cook on one side until golden, flip, then cook until other side is golden. Makes 10-11 pancakes.
- Serve with syrup, jam, your fave whipped topping, or even a few more chocolate chips!